Wednesday, December 14, 2005

You can lose your job if you smoke

I saw this story on the Phildaelphia local news and thought I shared with my friends. I know smoking if bad for you and I wish no one smoke, but somehow this news seems a bit too weird. The company now have the power to firing smoker employee, althought the company president claims it to be for the health of the employee, it is also because the insurance cost is lower. I don't know, if they can target smoker, soon it will be obese people, then people who don't exercise & eat healthy, where does it stop?.....

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/28/60minutes/main990617.shtml

5 Comments:

Blogger tsengster said...

i dont think it's really legal, is it??

it'd be a violation of the first amendment and also equal opportunity employment...

2:52 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

that's the surprising part, it is legal. Employer doesn't have to to give reason to terminate the job....

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd Odd Odd.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I know, isn't it....

2:22 PM  
Blogger Fnatlaf said...

It's frightening. Serfdom. This screams for action, if not revolution. If things were working out as they should, things like that would be impossible.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home