Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My fun weekend

Christine came visit me from Chicago this weekend, and Bonnie decided last minute on Friday to come visit, too, with Teasoon :) So needless to say, I am a very happy person this weekend. It's so good to see old friends, because they just know you so well that you don't really have to explain yourself!

Christine, my med school friends - Natalie, Chris & Mike, and I went out to dinner on Friday at Devon Seafood grill, I love the food there :) I got the crab cake, which is made of lumps of crab meat and no breading, it's very good. Afterward, we went out to a bar to celebrate another med school friend - Amanda's birthday. The bar was crowd with people watching the Lakers VS 76er game. 76er won and the whole bar went wild.

Christine, Natalie and I went home ~12am to wait for Bonnie and Teasoon, but they got lost and didn't get to my place until 2am. Poor Bonbon, she was tired. So on Saturaday, we slept in until 11:30am and went out shopping for the rest of the day. It was disappointing though, no one got anything fun except Teasoon found these cute white boots with fur trim. Oh, and Christine got her bellybottom pierced! So she and I match now :) We went out to dinner at Continental, which is a Asian fusion food place, it's soooo cute and food is good. Too bad they don't have Mohito for Christine. Don't worry, Christine, I will grow a mint plant for your next visit! Later that night, after a nap, we went out to another bar in Manuyunk and have more food! Gosh, I really ate a lot this weekend. It was fun to catch up with everyone.

On Sunday, after painfully trying to wake up, all of us made it to Franklin Institute for the Body World Exhibit. Bonnie was scared at first to see the cadaver, but was fine afterward. This is my second time seeing the exhibit, but it's still very fun for me.

Afterward we went to Chinatown for dimsum, seriously, CT is always packed, I had to park in a lot because there is no way anyone is leaving! We were starving because no one ate breakfast, so once we sat down, for 15 minutes we just ate without talking :P We also went to corner bakery to pick up stuff for Bonnie to bring back to Pittsburgh. Very sadly, Bonnie & Teasoon left ~2:30pm to go back to Pittsburgh :(
Bonbon, Terry & Teasoon, come back to visit soon!

After attempting to do the Nutrition course extra credit for 2 hours, I gave up and went out with Christine to shop in Manuyunk. We both found jeans in the boutique there and Christine also found cute tops and jacket. Chrisitine, you have to send me a picture of you wearing the jacket! We then went to Japanese food and have some amazing sushi, too bad they ran out of giant clam, my favorite. Another sad moment came when I have to take Christine to the airport. Two sets of friends in one day, it's hard!!!! But I have to say, this is the best weekend since I move here, I miss my friends now.......

3 Comments:

Blogger tsengster said...

booo, i miss you very much now too from reading this! tell bonbon and teasoon to email me their pictures! i want them now! :)

hahaa, our matching bellies. nah, i cant wear anything fancy like yours for a while. it tingles when i do back stretches. :( speak of matching- my friend calantha said that you and i look like twins (!?!?). what! i told her that you and your two sisters all look like carbon copies of your mommy, but i look nothing like your sisters or mommy. she's now confused...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

haha.... I think me and lucy looked like carbon copy when we were younger, but environment took a toll as I learn in my genetics class right now - Somatic mutation!

:P

11:01 PM  
Blogger tsengster said...

ewww, genetics!!!
even though i think we dont look alike, i wonder if "convergence" can be used to describe us. :p

blah, im working on my take-home law exams. sucks! why am i so absent-minded and thinking about... ahem.. you know...

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home